The most beautiful of all Himalayan flowers, the blue Primula can be seen blooming in thousands in the valley. The best time to see the valley in full bloom is from mid-July to mid-August. To reach the valley one has to trek from Govind Ghat, on the route to Hemkund Sahib, up to Ghangaria, 12 km ahead. Few furlongs ahead of Ghangaria the trek route to the valley takes a detour towards left. The valley is about 5 km from Ghangaria. The high altitude serine lake, known as Hemkund ( 4300m/14,100ft) lies in heavenly environs. A steep trek from Ghangharia leads one to this spot in about four to six hours. It is an important pilgrimage for both Hindus and Sikhs, as well as for people from other faiths. There is a Sikh Gurudwara and a Lakshman temple built on the bank of the lake. Encircled by seven snow-clad peaks and their associated glaciers, it reflects its surroundings enchantingly on its crystal clear serene waters. The glaciers from Hathi Parvat and Saptrishi peaks feed the lake and a small stream called Himganga flows out of this lake. As alluded to, in the holy Granth Sahib, Guru Govind Singh, the tenth Guru of the Sikh faith had meditated on the bank of this lake in one of his earlier births. It is widely believed among Sikhs that Guru Govind Singh introduced the features now universally associated with Sikhism. On 15th April 1699, he started the new brotherhood called the Khalsa (meaning the pure, from the Persian word 'Khales') an inner core of the faithful, accepted by baptism (Amrit). The five K's' date from this period: kesh (uncut hair) kangha (comb), kirpan (dagger or short sword), Kara (steel bangle), and kachh (boxer shorts).
- Accommodation. (Guesthouse, Homestay,)
- Meals while on trek (Veg. + Egg) from Dinner on Day 1 to Dinner on Day 5.
- All necessary entry fees and permits.
- First Aid Medical Kits and Oxygen Cylinder.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional Trek Leader, Guide, Cook and Support staff.
- Porters/mules to carry central equipment.
- Transport Haridwar to Govindghat and return.
- Anything not mention in inclusions
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head Price Includes.
- Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
- Any kind of personal expenses.
Terms & Conditions
- at least 50% advance required